Tomorrow is National Doughnut Day in the US and the girls of Friday Frivolity want to celebrate! Donuts are delicious. I can easily eat 5-6 in one sitting and while I generally gravitate toward the chocolate varieties I wanted to challenge myself to make donuts a little healthier. That is how these three ingredient donuts came to be. This recipe is eggless and dairy free making it great for littles with allergies. Egg allergies are huge in babies and toddlers but this is a wonderful alternative to a traditional donut recipe. It’s also incredibly simple because box cake mix is the base. No fuss, no muss.
Banana Carrot Donuts
1 box of carrot cake mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil3 Ingredient Donuts #easyrecipe #donutday Click To Tweet
1. Use a spoon to mush up the banana in a bowl.
2. Add your cake mix and oil. Mix until it comes together The consistency will be slightly sticky.
3. Take a small piece of batter and roll it into a cylinder. Place that piece around the edge of a cupcake tin.
4. Bake at 325 degrees until brown on one side, around 4-5 minutes and then flip to brown the other side.
5. When browned evenly take the donuts out and enjoy warm.
You can use a donut pan of you have one but I found using a cupcake tin to be a useful hack if you don’t.
Do not fry these! They will separate in the oil and won’t keep shape.
Have you ever tried to make donuts before?
Lisa is an awesomely hilarious and authentic writer who marches to her own drum on her blog Syncopated Mama, providing an “un-labelly spot” for all the happily off-beat folks out there who have been wishing to find kindred spirits. She shares her adventures building a natural home, teaching her adorbs daughter, establishing and refining positive communication skills, camping, creating, cooking, and so much more! Lisa’s latest post is a fun Passport to Mexico post that is full of recipes, crafts and ideas for a staycation or homeschool country study.
Now time for the new stuff!